Communications and Worship Tech Coordinator (full time)
Communications and Worship Tech Coordinator
Department: Community Engagement/Worship
Classification: Full-Time, Salaried, Exempt
To advance the vision and mission of Mt. Pleasant Community Churchby leading, directing and overseeing the ministry of worship technology and engaging the congregation into the life of the church through the use of effective communication messages and strategies.
- Oversee all technical aspects (lighting, sound, computer graphics, and video presentation) of Sunday morning services.
- Recruit, train, lead, schedule, and manage tech arts volunteers. Build a community of tech volunteers by incorporating healthy aspects of group life and leadership development.
- Serve as ‘house manager’ of the worship technology within our facility which includes, but not limited to, regular maintenance, setup/teardown, documentation and knowledge of systems.
- Create, organize, plan, and implement effective communications messages and strategies for and with the church.
- Provide Audio/Visual technology support for other programs and events throughout our campus. This support includes, but not limited to, arranging volunteer assistance or training other ministry leaders.
- Provide support and assistance to church and ministry leaders to convey their vision and communication priorities to appropriate audiences.
- With appropriate supervisors, develop and oversee a balanced budget for Worship Tech and Communications.
- Attend Community Church staff and/or department meetings as deemed necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The Communications/Worship Tech Coordinator is accountable to the Director of Worship Arts and Director of Community Engagement and will receive an annual performance review. Compensation is reviewed annually by the Elder Board and the Board of Trustees.
- Effective communication skills (oral and written).
- Excellent people management and development skills both with paid and volunteer staff.
- Experience in ministry in a medium to large church setting.
- A self-motivated leader possessing relational skills with staff, volunteers and congregation.
- Knowledge of A/V/L system operation and function.
- Proficient in content creation with Adobe suite (or equivalent).
- Basic proficiency with Microsoft Office tools, including, but not limited to, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Basic proficiency with database software (Community Church to provide training).
- Undergraduate degree preferred.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to our Business Manager Eric Barz at